Wednesday 29 May 2013

Midweek Motivation - Handmade Embellishments

Hello everyone, it's Fliss here with hopefully a little encouragement if you haven't yet entered our challenge this week which is all about DIY.
Most of my creations tend to be DIY out of choice, largely because when I began stamping in the mid 90s (yes, it really is that long!) you simply couldn't get all the beautiful papers now available and having got into the habit of making my own, it stuck!
Below you'll find a photo of the things you need to make a lovely faux metal charm which is really easy to do.


You'll notice that I've used an embossing ink dabber which is because the die cut heart shape (Marianne Design) is quite an intricate lacy style and although you can use an ink pad, I find it much easier to take the cap off the dabber and paint the ink on with a brush before coating with embossing powder.
I also used detail embossing powder as it's much finer and gives better coverage. You don't need the paper piercer unless you want to make a charm which was my original intention but it didn't quite fit in with the card design like that.
Here's the finished card and please do let me know what you think.


As you'll see, I made everything here. The paler paper is a B Line Designs stamp embossed with puff white and inked with Antique Linen Distress ink.
The red paper was a piece from my bits box made ages ago with red chalk ink and a brayer. I swiped on some Galaxy Gold Brilliance ink and dry embossed a strip with the Cuttlebug textile folder. I die cut a doily (Marianne Design) from some more.
The gold lace is a B Line Designs stamp embossed with detail gold powder and cut out.
The image panel is by Crafty Individuals and was stamped with Archival Coffee ink and coloured with Copic markers. I added a stamped and coloured flower and butterfly as further embellishments.

Some fabulous entries so far and let's hope for lots more!
Thanks for looking.
Fliss xx

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful array of DIY elements which all come together to make a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire the way you have created all the elements on card be it paper,lace and the charm ,Fabulous inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always a motivation behind the work of an artist . If they see something motivational they draw it on their canvas . Everyone needs motivation to work properly be it for a professional or care taker .

    Motivational Speaker

    Thanks
    Mark Duin
    .

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.