Wednesday 17 April 2013

Mid Week Motivation Blue and Brown

Hi, this is Caz here, a member of the Make My Monday design Team, for the Mid Week Motivation I have prepared a very simple and easy to follow mini-tutorial which again uses Distress Inks from Ranger. The theme is to use Blue and Brown,  the only two colours I have used on a plain white card. First you need to choose the size of card you want to make, then add a layer of card or paper, in this case I used brown. Then you need to cut a piece of white card to place onto the brown card when completed. Punch out with either a hand punch or a die cut a circle, the size really depends on the size of your card. I used a hand punch using a post it note to have a temporary sticky side for the moon. Place on the white card where needed.

I then chose Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans, for the blue shades of Distress Inks. Starting at the bottom with Tumbled Glass,  I added to approx the lower third. I then added the Broken China the  next third and finally the Faded Jeans to the upper third. I went around the entire piece with the Faded Jeans forming a defined edge all around. I sprayed water into the palm of my hand, gathered the water at my fingertips and splattered the water onto the inked page, this gives good large spots which lifts off the ink. Pat with a dry piece of a wet wipe or similar. I then dried the card with my heat tool. 




Using stamps from Inidgo Blu Meadow and Nature 1, with Vintage Photo Distress ink I stamped directly onto the prepared card. 
If you haven't tried this simple technique why not give it a go, it is easy, yet can give very effective results. 
I would encourage anyone to try to use Distress Inks for they are as good if not better than everyone has claimed who have used them. 

















3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mini tutorial - lovely result and I so agree about the DI's - wonderful invention!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Caz - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Caz, great tutorial.
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.