Wednesday 27 March 2013

Mid Week Motivation: Garden Spells

Hello, friends!  I hope your week is going well and that you've been getting plenty of play time in your craft areas! ;)  This week at Make My Monday, we are focusing on being inspired by the book "Garden Spells" by Sarah Addison Allen.  I've got a little more inspiration and a quick step by step tutorial for your viewing pleasure today!

Here's the book cover for inspiration~
 

My card~

I'd like to tell you how I got that lovely watercolor effect with my image.  It is SO easy and it works beautifully each and every time!

Materials Needed~

Stamp--bold images work best
Markers
Glimmer Mist
Neutral Cardstock

Instruction:

1. Color the stamp with your markers.  Using more than one color will result in a fun and beautiful meshing of colors, but make sure your colors will mix nicely.

2. Spritz your stamp a few times with glimmer mist--make sure to hold the mist about 4-6 inches away from the stamp so you don't spray your color away and so that it doesn't pool in one area.  You're looking for even coverage.

3. Stamp your image onto the desired size of cardstock.   Add this panel to your project.

Here's a little bit of a close up on the detail of my panel--
you can just make out the faint glimmer of the mist on the image.~


I used pearl glimmer mist by Tattered Angels and markers by Stampin' Up! on my card.  For more details, please visit my personal blog HERE.

Thanks for stopping by for a little Mid Weed Motivation!  I hope you join in our challenge this week--I'd love to see what you make!  HUGS and happy stamping!

Mynn xx

4 comments:

  1. that's such a lovely watercolour effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that technique - very effective on this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mynnette. Such a lovely watercolour effect.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mynette, this is GORGEOUS! You are the technique queen! I had to come over to see how this was made! Love it!
    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.