Wednesday 20 November 2013

Mid Week Inspiration - Santa, The Big Guy

Good morning everyone and welcome to the Mid Week Inspiration for our current challenge theme which this time is a rather inky and glimmery creation which I hope you'll like.


The background paper was made with a panel of watercolour paper which I coloured with Distress Stains in Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive. I found that if you coat the watercolour paper with water before pressing into the ink stains on a craft sheet the colours spread much more freely. Repeat this step until the paper is covered.
I then embossed the panel with a Darice snowflake swirl corner design, turning the card upside down to emboss the other side. I then brushed the raised areas with Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink wihich gave lots of lovely shimmer.
I stamped the Crafty Individuals Santa collage with VersaFine Smokey Gray ink on to thick, smooth cartridge paper and coloured it with Distress Stains. I cut it out with deckle scissors to leave a border and added it to a red card mat.
I added the background paper to a red card mat and then attached the panel to a white square card blank and finished off with a computer generated greeting on a red mat.

You still have a few days left to enter the challenge and hope to see you there.

Fliss x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.