Friday 3 June 2011

Meet the Deezine Team.



Here are the five ladies hoping to inspire you.

Cath
Hi; my name is Cath and I have been crafting in one form or other for most of my life. My first memories are of model making with my father and sewing with my mother. I took up card making a few years ago when my husband and I retired early and moved away from the UK. I also dabble in scrap booking and altered art. I am looking forward to contributing to the design team.







Fliss
My name is Felicity but I'm Fliss to all my friends. I'm married to Andrew, an architect, and have 2 daughters aged 20 and 22.
I think you can probably say I'm stamping mad as I bought a stamp and an ink pad 15 years ago and the rest as they say is history.
I really love making my own background papers and am always trying to think up new ways to decorate them. I think the best of them come about by accident so my middle name must be Serendipity!
I teach classes in stamping too and really love doing this as it's so lovely to see how happy my students are when they finish a card having made all the elements themselves.
Suzanne
Hello – I am so excited to have been asked to join the new “Make my Monday” DT – I cannot wait to see what lies ahead.  I live in Cheshire, the UK with my husband who encourages me to “craft” (I think its because I leave him in peace when I am crafting) along with 3 of our 5 “children” – in speech marks as the youngest one still at home is 17 – so the term is used loosely!  Now they have their own lifes I do have more time on my hands – though I do have a day job as a PA/Secretary for a Chartered Surveyor.  
Due to the nature of this job my arts and crafts are my outlet.  I don’t think I have a particular style but you may tell me differently.  I do tend to flit from shabby chic vintage to grungy with lots of things in the middle.   I like to mess with my paints, inks and stamps and am happiest working to a challenge, I do like to alter the odd thing .... like books, boxes and canvas’.
My other interests are local politics (I hear you groan) and our allotment (where I am just a labourer really – OH is the “grower”), caravanning and reading (usually only when in the caravan as there are simply not enough hours in the day).
Looking forward to being a part of “Make my Monday” – hope you can join us!
Caz
My passion is my crafting, my obsession is stamping and playing with inks and generally getting in a mess. I love to experiment, like most addicted crafters I must craft every day, or I quickly develop withdrawal symptoms. I only started my blog in the middle of 2010, I have met so many old and new friends whose craft work I greatly admire, I find inspiration on every blog I visit. I greatly enjoy joining in challenges when I can.




Suzi B
                           My Photo                   
 I have been card making for about four years after I bought a hand made card and thought I can do that.   So it began I didn’t think at the time that it would become an obsession… passion even. So from small beginnings i.e. my stash stored in an old-fashioned picnic basket and work done on the kitchen table… to my spare room being turned into a craft room. This means I no longer have a guest room.

My interest in stamping began about three years ago after watching Glenda Waterworth on Create and Craft. So now I’m an addict! to stamping not C&C lol  About 18months ago I “came across” the Cubby Hole my local craft shop and began to attend workshops and joining in with the monthly challenges. Meeting up with talented like-minded people has been a great source of inspiration.

Mynnette



Hello, friends! My name is Mynnette! I live with my DH, Matthew (love of my life), and my furry puppy baby, Hundie (Hoon-dee). We have been married for 7 years and have had Hundie for about a year and a half. Life is good for us!

I have been avidly crafting for about...oh, my whole life, but specifically paper crafting and stamping for about 7 years. I LOVE anything crafty--and I love learning new things! I am so excited to be able to join the MMM Deezine Team--it is such an honor!!! Ever since I found the Make My Monday blog, I have been incredibly challenged to craft outside my comfort zone. It's been fabulous!!! Because of this, I have been dabbling in many styles, and I'm not quite sure if I really have a specific personal style. I'm always on the look out for something new--if you know of anything, please pass it along!!! :)

I also enjoy reading (a LOT), blogging (of course), decorating my home for the season (which is each month), finding shopping bargains (via thrift stores and garage sales, etc.), going antiquing, and singing/playing music.

Val




I am retired, have been married for 38 years, with two grown up sons, and three cats - a Persian who is now 18 years old, and two naughty boy Chincillas. I live in a small village in Hampshire, southern UK.

I have a fairly eclectic style, working with stamping, digital and multimedia and altered art.  I mostly use Copics and Prisma pencils for colouring, but give me anything Tim Holtzy and I can be in my element.  I was lucky enough to get a place at the workshops he ran in conjunction with a Paper Artsy weekend this year, and had the time of my life!  Although crafting in one form or another has been part of my life since childhood, when I found cardmaking, and particularly rubber stamping, etc, around 10 or so years ago, it was almost life changing for me - I became addicted! This is well evidenced by the amount of stash I have, and very little space left in my craft room. I love colour and working with it and the results are so immediate and mostly satisfying if it has gone as expected.

Other interests - I am a bookworm and like a variety of novels, and have a huge collection of over 100 cookery books, which I do cook from.  I collect Whitefriars Glass and some Swedish and Finnish glass from the 60's/70's, am a life-long Elton John fan, but like blues, rock, some jazz and quite a lot of other stuff as well, and I garden, but now only have a tiny one with raised borders.

Me  - Jacqueline
I am married to Clive and I live in Storridge, Malvern along with our two children aged 18 and 19.
Crafting is my passion and I love to ink and stamp. I am also a trained botanical artist so flowers will always feature heavily in my work.
I run regular workshops from my home and I love to share my work on my blog.
I am so excited to be starting this challenge blog and look forward to working with the lovely ladies above.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to wish you good luck with the new challenge. What a talented DT and I can't wait to check out their designs each Monday. xx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.